Most of you know that after twenty-some years of being a stay at home mom, I am now working. It is only 20hours a week. Observations - my heart is at home. I would much rather spend my days with my children than the people at the office. I find myself thinking of a new idea or thought and I want to share it with Emily or Ansley! The actual work is OK. There are times when I actually meet with a client family, and realize that they desperately need the help I can give and time flies by. I need to do this for about two years and then I should be able to cut back. I know the Lord is happy with the decision to continue my education. They are desperate on this island for an LDS counselor. I want to go into private practice when Alana is the only one home. Then those few counseling hours a week will be a huge financial boost and I will be able to make a difference in the lives of people. But in the mean time Monday 1-6 Thursdays 8-5 and Friday 1-6 is my workweek. The money that comes in for working basically pays for the priviledge of studying another 10-15 hours a week. Crazy huh? Thank you Bonni, for loving Alana on Thursdays!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that you are getting an internship done. That is the important thing. I am sure you are doing a fabulous job helping the families who need it. Keep up the good work!
Love you,
Melanie
Mom, I love you! Its going to be hard some days, no doubt. But your doing the right thing! I just wish we lived close enough so I could help you with Alana. Ava would love it! Jut dont stay out in hawaii for too long.
Post a Comment